So, where to begin with this one. About three years ago I agreed to build a realm website for Earthen Ring, the roleplay realm I was on at the time. It was one of those things where I put it together, handed it over and pretty much left people to it. Needless to say the forum didn’t get maintained, the software didn’t get updated and it’s now a sprawling mess.
About a month ago, I was asked to give it a bit of a kick-start again. After taking backups and performing checks, I’ve moved everything over to a new architecture. And while Earthenring.EU currently looks fugly as hell, at least it has a solid foundation now on which I can build things. I’m currently tinkering with a number of things here and there in order to get things working right, but I’m learning a lot as I go so it’s a slow process.
This means that I’ve been getting cross and frustrated with web software, while Curio (my mage on the server) sits on the Cathedral steps and responds to questions in whispers etc. It also means that some of the blogposts I’ve got queueing up are having to wait a little until I can finish them off. I just hope you can be patient with me while I’m working on other things.
Luckily there have been several things to make me smile as I’ve been working away. So here’s a little link love to those great people who have helped make this whole thing slightly more bearable.
- A guest post over at The ‘mental Shaman describes the three different types of shaman
- Nhani over at Thoughts for Food has some awesome renders of two of her characters, along with a touching story
- Anna at Too Many Annas talks about the differing species of healers
- Tamarind has some great screenshot funnies that made me drink Pepsi through my nose
- Spinks makes me insanely jealous of the guild housing in LOTRO
- A guest post over at The Lazy Sniper reminds me why I hate playing a tank. In a good way, ‘course.
2 thoughts on “Coming Back To Haunt Me”
Sorry to have given it back to you. On the plus side, you know what you’re doing with it, which is more than I do. When I’m off my feet I want to start learning stuff about this sort of thing, so I’ll hopefully be able to help properly. Eventually.
I wouldn’t say I know what I’m doing – I managed to break things comprehensively several times :). I’m still learning about Drupal ad I go, and I have a feeling there’ll be several hiccups along the way. Still, at least we’re getting there.