As the new expansion approaches, there’s going to be a huge amount of information released. Blogs and websites will go crazy, posting update after update on every single detail. The web will be awash with screenshots covering every single detail.
Some readers don’t really want to be presented with news on Cataclysm, and I can appreciate that. In order to be as fair as possible, I’ve listed what I will and won’t write about as far as this expansion is concerned. This will hopefully mean that those readers hoping for a spoiler-free experience should know what to expect.
I should point out that at this point I do not have access to the beta, and I’ve not tried sandboxing the alpha client. Until further notice, what I write about will be inferred from other sources of information. UPDATE: I’m now in the Beta, so I should be able to describe content first-hand.
What I will write about:
- I’ll cover class mechanics in detail, particularly for mages. This includes what spells are available and how the talent trees affect those spells.
- I’ll also touch loosely on professions, where the profession has a direct impact on the class. I’ll try to keep this as generic as possible.
What I won’t write about:
- I’m not going to write about specific quests, even if those quests are significantly important. I want the stories they unveil to be fresh to people
- I won’t be covering particular areas of zones where there’s been a radical change in Cataclysm. Again, I want players to be able to experience that “wow” factor for themselves.
What I’ll commit to doing:
- Any post that might contain Cataclysm spoilers I’ll tag with [Spoiler] in the post title. If it’s a particular type of spoiler, I’ll add that too.
- Anything that I link to that might contain spoilers, I’ll also label as such.
What I ask of you:
- Please don’t post comments that include quest or lore spoilers, as I’ll probably delete them. If you must, please include a link and a tag instead.
- Please feel free to chime in with your own thoughts and opinions. If you’re not talking about class specifics though, please try to be as generic as possible.
I hope all this makes sense, and is as fair to as many people as possible. With a bit of luck, this will mean those who want will get to experience the expansion as a fresh and new experience. If you have any questions, please feel free to add them in the comments!
2 thoughts on “Cataclysm: My Rules of Engagement”
Thank you <3